When you have several homes competing for limited buyers in a region, you have to think of ways to grab a buyers attention and get them emotionally connected to your house. This is the biggest secret in real estate today, because once a buyer is so connected to your house, they will do just about anything to ensure the deal closes.
1. Curb appeal is everything when you are trying to sell a house. Invest a few dollars to have a professional landscape company trim trees, cut bushes, mow the lawn, and plant flowers. Once you get the buyer interested in your home via the outside, the hard work is done.
2. Call in a power washing company to give the home a new clean look. This team of expert cleaners will restore the look of your gutters, siding, driveway, sidewalk, fences, and patio area. The key is giving the house the look that a buyer can easily picture themselves happily living there.
3. You are going to have to box everything to move eventually, get a head start and get that clutter up off the floors and into boxes today. Place everything in a storage unit so that you free up room in the garage too. The less clutter, the bigger the rooms in the house look and the easier it is for a buyer to start picturing all their stuff there instead.
4. Time to take down all your personal photographs of you and your kids. The new buyers need to use their energy imagining their family living there, not thinking about not imagining your kids living there. These pics have to be boxed on moving day, so do it today and watch how easier it is for a buyer to love your home and the neutral decor.
5. Be sure each room is well lit, and give the buyer their space. Leave the house when the realtor calls for a showing so the buyer can start getting emotionally connected and not feeling like they are being rushed through the house.
These five simple staging tips will ensure that your house stays on the minds of potential buyers longer. If you are able to utilize the majority of these tips, your house is going to become the target of a bidding war if you’re lucky.